COVID-19 SAFETY PROTOCOLS FOR FACE TO FACE TRAINING
In light of the recent coronavirus (COVID-19), your safety at the APS and APEI is our priority. We are regularly monitoring the Federal Government’s updates on the coronavirus and following the guidance of the health authorities.
Please see our coronavirus management plan based on advice by the Australian Government’s Department of Health to ensure that you are able to safely attend the Pilates sessions.
What if you are feeling unwell?
If you have a cold, cough, runny nose, temperature or sore throat
- Please DO NOT attend the face to face classes. You may like to request online classes if you are unwell or need to be isolated for any reason so you can continue doing Pilates in your own home. Please note there are no current scheduled online classes, please request a session and we will accommodate.
- Should there be a reason you need to isolate, APS will extend any pre-paid sessions until you are able to return to the studio for face to face sessions.
Please note that if you come to a class with any of the above symptoms, (ie” cold, cough, runny nose, temperature or sore throat) you may be asked to leave and reschedule your session after you have been tested for COVID.
- If you have been overseas in the past 14 days OR have been in close contact with someone who has been overseas in the past 14 days you will asked to isolate for at least 14 days.
- If you have been in contact with someone with a pending OR confirmed case of coronavirus in the past 14 days, then unfortunately you will not be able to attend the face to face sessions.
- Each client/student will be temperature checked at the start of each session. If you have a temperature, you will need to reschedule your session until you have been checked by your doctor.
- Our mats and apparatus are cleaned down prior and after every use in the studio with 99% sanitising sprays, however if you feel more comfortable to bring your own mats please feel free to do so.
Please bring your own hand towel and bath towel if you use the shower recess.
- On face to face policy will be 1.5 metres apart
- Numbers in each course will be capped to allow a minimum of 4 square metres per student in the space.
- We have sanitiser provided – please use before and after your sessions.
- Wash your hands regularly with soap, scrubbing firmly for at least 20 seconds
- Feel free to bring fitness gloves to the studio if you wish.
- If it is your preference, you can also wear a mask however it’s not recommended while working out. Feel safe in the fact your instructor will have masks available.
Our commitment to your health and safety!
Health and safety is our number one priority. Our hygiene and safety measures include:
- Temperature taken upon entry into the studio.
- Disinfectant and sanitiser used to wipe down equipment before and after every use.
- Studio equipment is cleaned commercially each week.
- Disposable hand towels for individual use.
- Dispenser sanitisers to sanitise your hands before and after your session.
- Regular cleaning of door handles, common areas in the studio and small apparatus.
- Tactile teaching will be used only for safety purposes and teachers’ hands will be constantly sanitised throughout the day or wearing gloves.
- Please bring your own hand towel and water bottles.
- Please wear grip socks in the studio.
COVID – 19 Resources:
NSW State Government HERE
Safe Work Australia HERE
Australian Institute of Sport HERE